ESG and Sustainable Finance
Sustainable investments rapidly gain relevance, not only among investors but also among banking customers, fiduciaries of pension funds, as well as on a regulatory level. Accordingly, there is a wealth of products and service providers in this area. But before you opt for a specific approach to ESG, it is worthwhile to clarify your own values and your motivation.
I provide conceptual advice to investors on sustainable finance. I help you develop an investment policy that is in line with your organization’s values and that enjoys internal support as well as external recognition.
Read a portrait of my work on Investments & Pensions Europe (ipe.com).
- Which strategy corresponds to our values? How does ESG relate to our core business?
- What motivates us and how strongly do we want to engage?
- We are a pension funds. What role does fiduciary duty play? And to what extent do we want to involve our fiduciaries?
- What external stakeholders do we want to address with our ESG strategy?
- What are internal opportunities and risks when implementing a sustainable investment policy?
- How do we integrate ESG in our relations with external asset managers?
- What ESG ratings agency matches our expectations?
References and Qualifications
- ESG concept for a leading private pension funds in Switzerland(AuM > 15 Mrd. CHF)
- Assessment of ESG Ratings for a public pension funds (>24 Mrd. CHF AuM; > 300 employees).
- Engagement dialogues with approx. 30 publicly owned companies on sustainability and CSR across different industries, based on assessments of their non-financial reporting. On behalf of an investment funds.