Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and sustainability have become a constitutive element of successful businesses. Customers, employees, shareholders, as well as communities in which companies operate, want to see a credible engagement with society and the environment.
I give advice and support to companies, foundations, and NGOs in their endeavors at the interface of business with society, the environment, and politics. I help them clarify their values and gain internal support and external legitimacy.
Here are some exemplary questions:
- How can we design our stakeholder management in a way that is constructive and geared towards solutions?
- What are the hot spots in terms of sustainability and responsibility in our value chain?
- How do we encourage ethical behavior by means of our corporate culture?
- Which voluntary standards and labels strengthen the credibility of our products and services?
- How do we achieve the right balance between ‘hard facts’ and ‘storytelling’ in our sustainability/CSR reporting?
References and Qualifications
- numerous in-depth-analyses of sustainability reports of global corporations
- reviewer for the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- (GIZ) (>19’000 employees) ocomprehensive stakeholder survey plus strategic advice for a multi-stakeholder initiative
- The Corporate Social Responsibility Story of Chiquita (2015) (interviews up to CEO level)